Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Book Fest 2011- Dr. George Lee

Lets rewind back to last Saturday, which I really hope I have a doraemon to help me do it.


Went to Book Fest 2011 in KLCC together with Lee since he's going too. Not really confident to go by myself so I tag along with him. I want to see Dr. George Lee which is a urologist and is teaching in Monash now. I first read his article in Sinchiew newspaper and I really like it. It's sentimental and mostly about his own feeling towards his life, work, family and so on. He is launching his new book on that day. Last year he came out with his first book "make each day count", I didn't make it to his book launching event and didn't get to meet him and get his signature. But I am lucky enough to have my friend, Xiang to bought it and get his signature. His first book articles are mostly same in the newspaper, it's like a collection of his article.




So I went and see him in person. It's so fun to hear his talk and I actually recorded it. I just want to show it to my aunt because she likes him too! She also read his article in newspaper too. She actually in love with his words and become worst than me. She even phoned me and talk about his book!




I bought 4 books in total, all of his books. 1 was published last year which I helped my aunt to buy it, another 3 were for me, my aunt and Xiang. He bought for me last year and this year it's my turn to return to him. All with signature!




He has a huge amount of reader and fans, some is his patients and some is his student. The autograph session last for at least 1 hour. The queue was so long. He actually say 'sorry for waiting' to most of the people. Had photograph with him too! So excited!


While waiting for his signature, a guy call Frederick talk with me. Out of sudden he was behind me. It was a girl behind me when queuing. I have no idea when he appear behind me.
He says: you're so greedy, bought so many books.
I answered (out of surprise, cause a stranger talking to me): oh... I helped people to buy.




Then he continue the conversation asking my name and his name and if I were still studying or working and so on... Well, it's very weird and kind of awkward. I just can't keep quiet and don't talk to him, it's not polite. My friend wasn't beside me so I can't get out of it. He was actually the guy who give support to Dr. George Lee when it was open to the crowd to ask question. He says Dr. George life value is very good, as he still come back to Malaysia after so many years in oversea.... etc. I don't know why he talk to me, even ask me to talk photo of him with George Lee and ask me email him. He actually reply my email saying he will add me in fb and ask me to approve him. Too bad, so far I guess he still can't find me in fb. haha!




I was so happy last weekend! Meet him in person are great!


p/s: left out a small little part. I actually meet my online chat friend. practically doesn't count as 'meet' cause only i saw him. he didn't saw me. we never meet before, never have face to face interaction but i just know it's him for the very first sight. sms and ask if he was in KLCC and he was so surprise i know his location. he actually check if his phone got auto check-in in fb but not. HAHAHA!!! well. it's so funny, and surprising as well. this is what call fate.

No comments: