Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

little thing

something strike me today so I decide to write it down, something that I would like to remember and recall it.
sometimes, people will appreciate a little thing you do.

as usual, since I'm in psychiatry ward now, I was in hkl today doing my ward work. today my group was assigned to occupational therapy department and attached there. there was this little girl, well, she is not that little anymore as she is 20 years old this year but her mental state is still in 5 years old. she is so eccentric and act like a child. sometime I don't know I should laugh or feel sad for her, but mostly we well laugh at her act, as she being funny. Colouring and doing ABCs.

Wana, one of my groupmate suddenly asked if that little like me when we were reading case file, cause the little girl keep looking at me. But I don't think so cause she keep looking at anyone. she is being curious to anything around her. Then I sit beside her cause I was want to see what she's doing. Then she keep look at me and suddenly she hold my hand. Just a gentle holding. I was quite shock but I just smile at her. So Wana says: see, she likes you! I just smile back and when we were leaving, I went to her to say bye bye and she hold my hand and hug it and don't want to let go. this really touched me. even though her mental state is at 5 years old but she makes me feel warm. her hands are warm and her heart is warm too. if mentally disable people can should such a kindness and warm to us, why we can't do so.

then we were waiting the lift. well, I quite hate the lift in HKL building cause its not strategy at all. narrow and small yet so many people in HKL. everyone is like rush for the lift. then when I got into the lift, I pressed the open button, because in Malaysia, you will never ever see a person hold a lift for you, like NEVER. and I freaking hate people doing do, being the first got into the lift but stand at the corner and don't press hold button to prevent the door from closing before the next people come in.

so there were this parents and a kid on the wheelchair. everyone were going into the lift. I pressed the open button and wait for them to come in because they were the last. After the mother and the kid came into the lift, the father is still outside, the lift was quite packed so I tell him there are some space, he still can come in. he says its ok because he need to take the medication at the pharmacy. So after the door closed I ask the mother which floor she need to go so that I can help her press the button. she says she need to go to 1st floor same like us. in Malaysia you hardly see people offer and ask you which floor to go and help you press even they are blocking the button.

after we reach the first floor, everyone going out so I pressed the open button to let everyone out cause again, it is a rare case for people here to help you hold the lift. then a middle age lady from back of the lift on the way going out suddenly smile and say this to me: thank you for your good deeds for the day! I was stunt and I only able to respond her with 'you're welcome!' while she already far away. well, I never expect people say this to me though. mostly people might say welcome but that's rare. and suddenly this lady says like that to me, I am touched! I was wearing my doctor coat too so I guess at least I am giving impression that not all doctor are arrogant or no feel it etc.

this prove that there will always be someone who see the good things you did. just a little thing and little act, there will be a person who appreciated it, and even there will no return, I will still do it.


Good deeds are spontaneous acts of kindness, accommodation, generosity, benevolence, charity, assistance, help, sympathy or aid, all performed with the simple intention of being helpful and no expectation for compensation of any kind.

No comments: