Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

life is fragile

I was driving to HKL this morning for my ward work in psychiatry ward and along the MEX highway I received a call. That number wasn't in my saved in my contact so I don't know who called me. I still answered it. I was still grumpy from waking up in the morning and the voice from the other side says: hello Melissa, I am Nicholas. I guess I have hearing problem and I heard it sound: hello Melissa, I am Lucas. So I asked: Lucas? He says: Yes. Are you free to talk. So I totally don't know this 'Lucas' and was grumpy so I answered " I am driving!". Then he says its ok he will call me later.

Just right after we reached and parked in the parking, my phone ring again and I answered the phone. Then only I realize is Nicholas instead of Lucas and he says likthing father just passed away yesterday night. I asked: "likthing? likthing's father?" I was in shocked. I totally don't know how to respond cause I never see this coming. So he told me Likthing father passed away yesterday night and now likthing and him already go back to Melaka to arrange everything. I was totally shocked and I don't know how to respond. I forgotten what I asked and even forgot to ask how it happened, why etc.

My hands were shaking. Whole body is shaking. I just can't imagine the fact that likthing's father passed away. So I phone Likthing, the call was answered but no sound from the other side. So I hand up thought that maybe she just don't want people to disturb her. Then she phone me back, was crying. We talked for a while, then she asked me 怎么办? meaning how. I was stunned and I don't know how to answer the question. I says I don't know how to answer her, she only can accept the truth. She is still at the mortuary when we were talking, waiting the hospital to release the body. I wasn't dare to ask how her father passed away in the accident.

Luckily her boyfriend is with her. I can't imagine how she can go through this by herself. I keep putting myself in her shoes. I can't accept it when I heard the news what else for her. I just tried my best to comfort her and give her condolences. Phone her a few times to check on her, make sure she gets enough rest and have her meals. Other than that, I don't know what else I can do.

It is hard to care without giving pressure. Maybe she needs somebody to talk to. Maybe she wants to be alone. Too many people flooding calls and messages to her wasn't a good thing too. I just want to make sure she is fine and able to face it. yet keep asking her to be strong for her family is not good either. Maybe she just need a cry instead of being too strong.





Later at night I saw the news on online newspaper. A photo and article about the incidence. Only then I realize how hard is the truth. As usual her father and mother were going back after working at the restaurant, her father was on bike and her mother was driving a car. But her father was hit by the car on the way back home and her mother witness the whole incidence. I can't imagine that!!!




I meet her father so many times. He was so friendly and kind hearted. Always have smile on his face. He will be missed!

I really hope that I can stay by her side now. I am stuck in my studies and I can't go back until Friday, or maybe the earliest is Thursday. I really hope she can be fine, but how to be fine when this happened to you? Friday please come soon!

Life is so fragile. No matter how many times we faced death, we will never ever able to accept it.

No comments: