Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

GP attachment

Last week has been a great week for me. I was required to find a GP to attach at his clinic. At first I was thinking about my dad, the lecturer agrees but last minute she says I can't attach with my father because it is unprofessional.

I have to really think her for not letting me attach with my dad, if not I will not be able to know such a great teacher. I attached with Dr Wong, which is also my father's friend. My dad gave me 2 names of the doctors and ask me to choose myself. I have no idea why I choose Dr Wong. Barely fate I guess.

On Monday I went to his clinic quite early, but he just came in at around 10 am. However, he really taught me a lot. He also use Murtagh with is also our reference for this Family Medicine posting. I was quite surprise actually. Everyday I will have homework to do, things I need to read up. Of course, from the cases I saw from his clinic and some basic things. Luckily I am quite hardworking that particular week. If not I will embarrassed myself if I can't answer some simple question that he asked.

I think we both get into each other very well. Its more like a father daughter thing. He is a great mentor and teacher and I do admire him. There are thought that people my age or people around me will not have. I have learn a lot during the attachment as well. How he approach his patients and how he did patient education. How the patients tell him their personal problems and how he is able to dig up stuff that people want to hide. It has been so fun and interesting.

He actually inspired me and I don't feel hard to study during the attachment, like I am not forced to study. Other than study, we also discussed a lot of other things like politics, religion and family.

He does not have any children of himself but he adopted 5 children, regardless of race or religion. His 2 youngest son is Indian yet he love them so much like his own son. He is a devoted Christian and he respect people believes as well. Every religion teach people good things. I always remember him saying 'one man women and one women men'. Meaning he is the man who only have 1 women which is his own wife.

He has less patient nowadays because he is into politics and he told me how he got involved with it. We have the same point of view about the politics. I believe he will be a good leader.

Thank you very much Dr Wong!




A medical doctor.
An activist for the poor and oppressed.
A patriot fighting to save the country from going bankrupt.
A father adopting many children.
A man who unlocks God from church.
A man who walks with God.
When one sees his imperfection, one sees God's perfection.

adopted from my father- Stanley Ting








No comments: