Pages

Friday, April 4, 2008

Fitna

I watched the controversial short film—Fitna yesterday on youtube. (Fitna is a 15-minute film produced by Dutch legislator Geert Wilders which paints a negative image of Ismal by linking the Quran with violence.) I wonder the people who protest one street had seen about the film. Unexpectedly, I watched it with me dad. Just didn’t though we would watch it together. I think my dad also very curious about that film and just don’t have any source to watch the film. Just when the film on oyutube loads finish, my dad walked out from his bed room. It was 11 something in the night. I was online-ing on my up stair living room and he asked what I am doing. I told him I was watching the Fitna. He was interested and wants me to replay it as I already watched a few minute before.

The message that they try to bring in that film is true. I just think so. Sometimes, the Muslim should think about what happened last few years and what the cause of all these happened. The film is just 15 minute and for me it was very short. But everything that it tried to bring out is true.

For me, all religion teaches people good things. But as time passed, people misinterpreted what was taught in the religion. People also misinterpreted what was written in the Bible and even the Al-Quran. There are also some people used religions for their own benefits, such as politics, or the higher level people.

My dad and I discuss about the film after we seen it. He asked what I think about the film. I said that people misinterpreted it. He asked me again, who misinterpreted it? I say the Muslim misinterpreted their Al-Quran. My dad says even the Dutch people that produce the film also misinterpreted it. They want to show something and the Muslim show that they are really intolerance as what it showed in the film. They just prove that the Dutch were right. We keep on discussing until talk about death. What a coincident! My dad also asked me, what I think about death. I keep thinking about the question few days before and now my dad asks me this question. I answered, nothing left when we died.

Then my dad explained to me about death based on the Bible. There are really so many things that written in the bible about death. My dad showed me and highlights some phrase in the bible that explained about death. It will be very long if I continue in here, I might write it in the other time.

I just didn’t though that I and my dad would have so many things to talk about just because of the film.

Our country government is encouraging us to boycott the product from Dutch. They even listed out the products that were product from Dutch. I feel it is so stupid. Only now I found out I use a lot Dutch product!


* this is totally a neutral article and didn’t look down to any religion. This is only a daily conversation between human and also a daughter and dad conversation.

No comments: